2/19/18

Weekend wrap up....

I had an amazing weekend with three of the grandchildren. They came over Friday night and stayed until about 5:00 on Sunday. It took awhile to get them all up on Saturday. Shelby was laying down on one couch and Colby told her to wake up. She said she was awake but when we looked at her couch this is what we saw. 


So Colby went over and tried to wake her up a little better and then collapsed on her.


In a few minutes they both were about to go back to sleep. 


So Alexis turned the recliner around and put the TV on something she wanted to watch and gave up on waking them up. But we finally got them going.


Our first stop was at Magi Quest. I love that place as much as the kids do. 


It's fun running around with a wand trying to reach Master Magi status. I think they are all three at Junior Magi right now and I believe I am too but forgot to check. I will never go there without Alexis. She's the best person to read the directions and remember where we have been and lead us where we need to go next. Sixty minutes of this and you are worn out. Trust me.


But it also has indoor miniature golf course so we did 18 holes next. It is with a Pirate theme and mostly under black lights so you come out of their exhausted as well. I thought maybe I was just getting old until the kids collapsed in the car and said they needed to rest.


They loved climbing on the big pirate ship in the middle of the course.


We had lunch at Wendy's before Magi Quest so we went straight home and had a snack of popcorn and lounged around and rested. Then that night we went to Dolly Parton's Stampede for dinner and the show. We had great seats on the second row. 


I like sitting there because the longhorn steer fascinate me and we had a great view of them. 



The grand finale is always so beautiful as Dolly sings Color Me America. 


It is absolutely beautiful and touching.


Then after the show the kids wanted to go meet the Emcee and pet some of the horses so we hung out and did that. They got his autograph on their mugs and were so happy about it. He has a new horse this year and it loves to prance around. We had a wonderful time.


We didn't get home until 11:15 Saturday night and crashed right in the bed. But we got up and went to church Sunday morning. After church we stopped at my friend's house that sales Paparazzi and picked up my new bracelet. It says "She believed she could so she did." That is kind of a slogan with Thirty-One consultants so I wanted it to wear to parties, meetings and the conference. I love it. 


After that, we went home and had homemade pizzas for lunch on flatbread and watched a couple of movies. I took them home around 5:00 and came back home and fixed me a light supper. After that, I just relaxed and went to bed around 11:00. I am a little tired this morning, but it's back to work today. I do get tomorrow off so I can catch up on some rest tomorrow.

3 comments:

Tammy Enjoy Life said...

Great time with grandchildren!!

Tammy Enjoy Life said...

Glad you had a great time...:)

Terri D said...

Fun times!! You have so much energy!! Sometimes I am worn out from just reading about all you do! Those kids are so blessed!!