3/22/18

Flowers

I have made several items with flowers from Dollar Tree lately. I think this is my favorite one. I love pinks and yellows together. The vase is a 1940's Westmoreland Hobnail milk glass flower basket I have had for years. I was very happy with the result.


As I was admiring it when I was done, I realized something. I love fixing flower vases. My love of flowers goes back for years and years. I have floral teapots, floral furniture, floral in my bedrooms and floral just about everywhere. So I started taking pictures of some of my floral arrangements. My love of flowers is evident all over the house. I have flowers in coffee cups.


I put them in my vintage McCoy pitcher.


I even found a unique vintage jar and placed some daisy in it. The jar was just $1.00.


You might recall I recently painted a salt and pepper shaker, added jute and stuck a few flowers in it.


This is some fabric flowers in another vintage milk glass vase that I did about 6 or 7 years ago.


And yet another set of pink and white in my bedroom.


I got to thinking and I wonder if I could turn this into a small home based business. Just make arrangements using vases, painted jars, burlap wrapped jars, just a multitude of ideas. I could do them for gift giving, centerpieces, get well vases, etc. The sky would be the limit. My investment wouldn't be much because most of my vases and cups would come from Dollar Tree or thrift stores. Since I click my flowers off the bunch when I get them, I save any left overs for mix and match bouquets. I mentioned to a couple of friends my thought. One has boxes of flowers in her basement she never uses any more and one has a couple of boxes of odd and end vases and jars. It would be a good start. Just don't know if I'm brave enough to try it. I did think of a name though.

The Floral Bee (since my nickname from the time I had my first niece was B). I even figured I can use this picture of one of my arrangements incorporated as my logo. We will see if I get brave enough. 


1 comment:

Terri D said...

You are very creative and do have a knack for flower arranging and decorating!!