4/7/18

There's a reason why....

Last fall, I fell in love with a red shelf and bought it. My plan was to use it in my office/craft room and redo the decor with a vintage theme. Here it is April and I am still struggling with finding vintage items for it. I think I found about 2 or 3 vintage items and that was it. 


Fast forward to Thursday evening when I saw some neat beach decor and started wishing I had another room I could use beach decor in because my beachy bathroom is full of what decor it will hold. And I have some beach stuff in my storage containers that I used to decorate my office/craft room with. But I felt guilty going back to a beach theme when I had this beautiful red shelf.


Then inspiration struck! My kitchen is a country kitchen with vintage Pyrex and I have red in my kitchen. So I thought, why not? And next thing you know there I was at 9:30 at night moving around some stuff and putting the red shelf in the kitchen and going through my "stuff" and finding things to rearrange so I could use the red shelf in the kitchen. By 10:15 I had this created in the kitchen.


In finding stuff for the red shelf, I realized that I still had Easter stuff in my three tier stand so I then set to work to "shop" my house to complete a spring theme for the tier stand. Very happy with the result since this sets on a cabinet in my kitchen.


Well, this evening I went looking for a few beach ideas of things I can now use to decorate the craft/office with a beach theme. I am going to Dollar Tree to get one of these, some blue pencils and a star fish. This is cute. 


I have a friend that can make me this sign and I can find stuff at Hobby Lobby for the rest of these items if I decide to use this idea for the new room. 


I have awesome beach pictures I have taken over the years and some frames I could do this with. 


And to think, all of this started because I saw this one sign on Pinterest.


Now I'm going to have to get that sign.






4 comments:

Sandi said...

Bring sunshine...Love that!

Even the waves obey His voice... ahh...yes!

Visits With Mary said...

Love your red shelf, it looks great!

Terri D said...

You are one of the most creative people I know! I love what you did with the red shelf and your 3-tiered centerpiece looks great! Awesomeness!

Linda said...

Love it, love it, love it with the red shelf in the kitchen and the beach theme slowly revolving into a peaceful quiet place of it's own.