7/3/18

Weekend wrap up...

My granddaughter Shelby spent my two days off with me. One was on Sunday and she wanted to run up to the Douglas Dam overlook after church. It was a beautiful day to be there.


She was tossing around the idea of where to have her birthday party later this month and her Daddy suggested seeing what she thought about the Overlook. This was the pic I had to sent her Daddy to say she loved it!


Then we had to go to the Pavilion to see if it would be a good place to have a picnic. It's not decided yet because we don't know if it is rented out already. But as she said "It's a possibility."


No matter what they say, it was a great day to get a good picture of the lake.


We just vegged out the rest of Sunday except to go to choir practice. Then Monday we went with her other mamaw to Walmart and Dollar Tree. Nothing major purchased, but I did get one of the succulents at Dollar Tree. I got the one on the upper right side of this picture.


I had a plan. I like these but I saw friend plant a real one in a tea cup so that gave me an idea. I had a small vintage sugar bowl. I took the lid off and waa - lah! I got a cute little plant for my desk. 


I love the way it looks and the blue goes with the blue in my beach decor office. So I was very happy.


Between going to the overlook, being out in the heat and then getting in rain coming home from church, Shelby's natural curly hair ended up as "big hair". It's so pretty but that's a lot of hair. Both of my granddaughters have such thick beautiful hair. And the natural curl just does what it wants.


She was playing in the floor with her dry erase board last night and decided she wanted to be a dry erase artist. This is her picture she did. She named it "Bloom". She says she could be the first artist to draw on dry erase boards, take pictures of her drawings and sell them to become famous.


So all in all it was a relaxing couple of days off.

1 comment:

Terri D said...

Your granddaughter is SO adorable! I hope the pavilion hasn't been rented so her party can be there! Great photo with the lake in the background. A keeper, for sure. I love your red succulent in the blue sugar bowl. You are so creative!