6/14/19

Happy Friday!

Today is my day off and I'm looking forward to having a great day. I'm not even sure what I'm doing. Hanging out with one of my friends and I'm not the one making the plans. So whatever I will be doing will be fun.

Here are some pics from VBS where the kids had a great time. Kick-off was a blast. Horseback riding, bingo, water games. We had so much fun. I kept Alexis, Shelby and Colby all week so it was even more special. Shelby got her life dream of actually riding a horse. She spend more time on horse back than on anything else there was to do. Alexis loved the bingo and won several cool prizes. She also loved the nightly singing and learning the song movements. Colby was all about anything that got him covered in water. He did try his hand at bingo a couple of times as well. 




I made a 15' snake to decorate my room. Forgot to get a picture of the room. But here it is hanging on my cabinet after I made it. 


The first day, after kick-off, we rushed home and cleaned up and went to the Smoky Mountain Opry. It is a fantastic show and we had a blast. 


By the end of the week, I had worked for hours, drove kids to other Grandmother's for day care while I worked, picked them up after work and went straight to VBS. Got home around 9:30 - 9:45 each night and got back up every morning to start over again. One night, we were all exhausted and half crazy. These two crashed on the couch about 5 minutes after putting their jammies on.


I came out from putting my jammies on and Alexis was waiting on me with her hand held out. I walked up to see what she had and she said "Mamaw I found your marbles since I'm sure you lost them this week." I about died laughing. It was a great ending to the week.


Then on Sunday morning, we had 22 kids in Children's Church. I was so overwhelmed with the love of all my church babies. Some I have had in various classes for 12 years. This is the last few months for me being the director. I am stepping down this year. Since we had a big class with most of the kids there, I decided to take a pic of them.


Then we had to get one in the floor with them all setting around me. Lots of love in this photo. They are all so special to me. 


It was a great week that week. 





No comments: