2/3/10

Things we never outgrow....

No matter what age you are, if you see a paddle with a red ball on a rubber band, you want to pick it up and count how many times you can hit it without missing. Hand me a slinky and I'm going to let it go back and forth for a long time before I put it away. I can't pass a hula hoop without taking it for a spin. I cannot pass up a set of Jacks. I am glad my granddaughter Alexis is old enough to play them. I'll have to give them a whirl this summer. Loved silly putty. My favorite was to put it on the comics and pull it off. Cool. And where would we be without bubbles. I love the old fashioned kind in the bottle with the little wand. I buy them every summer "for the grandkids". That's my story and I'm sticking to it. I have decided for the spring, I'm buying a hula hoop and conquering how to use it more than two spins before it falls and I'm investing in a old fashioned jump rope. I hate to exercise but love to play. What better way to do both than with hula hoop to slim the waistline and a jump rope to burn calories. So forget the fad diets and the expensive exercise equipment. I'm going for the fun. I'll keep you posted on the success.

1 comment:

Breathing In Grace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.