3/17/10

So, what will you accomplish today?

...With God ALL things are possible (Mark 10:27) So, what will you accomplish today? One of the teenagers from my church posted that question on Facebook this morning. It really made me stop and think. What a difference would it make in our lives if every morning we started our day with that attitude? How much more productive, successful, joyous, content, would we be if we started our day with the mindset that with God ALL things are possible. This should not be a huge revelation to Christians, but sometimes we get so bogged down in making everything in our lives "come together” that we forget that we have all the help we need in our Lord and Savior if we just take the time to focus on that and not so much on trying to do it by ourselves. It's not like this is something new. It's not like it's one of those "WOW, where did THAT come from" moments. God tells us time and time and time again that He is there for us. He will empower us. He will be our helpmate and guide. We just choose sometimes not to listen. So, what WILL you accomplish today? Put yourself in God’s hand and let him lead you and guide you. I’ve put together a few of my favorite verses (KJV). May they bless you and inspire you today. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. - Philippians 4:13 Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest. - Joshua 1:9 But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine. - Isaiah 43:1 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen; I will be exalted in the earth. - Psalm 46:10 Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me. - Isaiah 49:16

1 comment:

Breathing In Grace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.