9/22/10

A good read...


I love to read as many of you know. This is one of my bookshelves. I have four more shelves full of books, some of them 2 and 3 rows deep. My books are very important to me and reading is my favorite hobby in the world. It has taken me to destinations that I could never fathom going to on my own. I've been to the Grand Tetons, the wine vineyards of France, the sandy beaches of Florida and even to Hong Kong. I've been reading avidly since the summer reading programs in first grade.


I just received an email from Amy at WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group. I was the winner of the day on their Fiction Question of the day contest yesterday. The question was "If you were to write a fiction book loosely based on your own life, what would the title be?" My answer was "Up a Country Road". I'll be receiving a romance fiction book from one of their new authors. They are a Christian publishers so I'm really looking forward to receiving the book and very humble to have been chosen. (Of course, it could be a publicity gimmick and everybody may win a free book, who knows.) But either way, I love that I won one.
 
Thomas Nelson Publishing has sent me Max Lucado's newest book to read and write a review on for their blog site and to post on mine as well. I'm half-way through and will let you know my thoughts. As with all his books, I have hard time putting it down. The blessings pour from his words.
 
 


I'm also reviewing The Nativity Collection by Robert J. Morgan. I just received my copy of it today, so I'll start it after Lucado's book. This one has six different stories about Christmas. On the inside flap, it reads... Christmas-The season when God reaches into our ordinary days in extraordinary ways. I can't wait to start it.









No comments: