9/17/10

Shame on me...

I have to admit I'm feeling a little ashamed of myself this morning. Many of you know that I love to bake. I could not care less about cooking or cleaning. But baking is one of my favorite things to do. I have several desserts that I'm "famous" for. There is my peanut butter brownie trifle; my spice cake with caramel icing, my Hershey's chocolate syrup cake, peanut butter cookies, my cinnamon chocolate cake, my Reese's peanut butter fudge, my chocolate candy, my no bake oatmeal cookies, my orange cream iced cookies, etc. I love baking homemade goodies. At any given holiday, my family can count on no less than 3 scrumptious desserts to choose from. I try to make everybodies favorite. Every event that I attend where you take a dish, I get requests for specific desserts.

Well, tomorrow is my 31 Party and I get to bake the dessert of my choice. Decisions, decisions. What shall I choose? Should I do the cinnamon chocolate cake with the warm chocolate fudge frosting that you pour on while it is hot? Should I do the peanut butter cookies where you chill the dough for 3 hours and lovingly roll each individual cookies before imprinting it with a fork? Should I make a mixture of items so my guests can have a choice.

Here is where my shame comes in. I have been debating this for 3 days and am at the point where I was thinking I would go to Krogers and just buy a tray of their sorted slices of pudding pound cake. Horror of horrors. What am I thinking? I cannot serve my guests "store bought" desserts. My reputation would be ruined. Guess I'm going to go hit my recipe books until inspiration hits.

1 comment:

Breathing In Grace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.