11/5/10

Odds & Ends

Thankful thought of the day - Today I am thankful for faith. Without faith, we have no hope. Without hope, we have no future. Without a future, we have no joy. And without joy, we have no life.

I love this time of year when all the stores start selling Christmas and Winter items. I'm a sucker for glasses and mugs and have to have a new one every winter. (Of course, every few years I have to yard sale a few to make room for new ones.) I was at Kroger's yesterday and found this adorable snow flake mug for my hot chocolate.


Have you ever heard the expression "blind as a bat". Well, the older I get the more my eyes go "batty". I started out in fourth grade with glasses. Then when I got in my 40's they informed me I was going to have to get no line bifocals. When I hit 50, I was doing so much up close work that they changed them to no line trifocals. It took a while to adjust but I did. I can't tell where one line section ends and the other begins. Recently, I've noticed that I see great except when I'm reading or working on something up close. So I called them to ask if I should have a separate pair for reading. They said that in my case for the up close work, I could use the 1.5X off the rack reading glasses. So I bought a pair and the change is unbelievable. I was used to looking through that little 1/3 section at the bottom of my glasses. Now with my "store bought" glasses, my eyes are looking through the whole lenses and the magnification is awesome. So I found out that the $1.00 tree carries these readers. Can we say NEW OBSESSION? I've already purchased three or four pairs and change them depending on my mood. I'm sure I'll be buying more. I get to experiment with different frames and styles. Here are two of my favorites:




My sister came down recently and brought my birthday present to me early so she wouldn't have to ship it. I love tea for one sets and have been wanting one with apples for a long time. I love it. My Mom brought my birthday present down also, but that's not getting posted until I decorate for Christmas. It's adorable and I love it, too.


Found this old looking canvas print at a shop in Wears Valley. Not sure where the green stripe came from. It must be from the camera flash. This is painted on canvas and the fabric is stretched across a wooden frame.


I hope everybody has a wonderful and blessed weekend.

No comments: