11/1/10

"So much" Saturday & Sunday


What an awesome weekend!  It started Friday night by going to my son's house with my mom, sister, brother-in-law, niece and nephew-in-law, who were all visiting from West Virginia.

Colby conked out on Cousin Amy


Snuggling with his Great Aunt Rachel



Saturday was spent shopping the craft stores in Wears Valley, then the Tanger Outlet Mall. After returning to the hotel to freshen up, we had a wonderful supper (yes, supper, we are in the South) at the Apple Barn. Started out with a little apple julep, apples fritters and homemade apple butter. Then a delicious meal of fried chicken, mashed potatoes & corn.

When we were in Wears Valley earlier that day we visited a little store called Moonshine Ridge. Bought some delicious Snickers Fudge and Pay Day Fudge. They had so much stuff their to sample....fudge, salsa, jellies, chips, dressings, dips, etc. We had lunch in their cafe. Homemade tomato soup, chili, hot dogs, all awesome.All in front of a warm fire.





While I was out shopping, I received a text from my son. The oldest grandson, Garret, got an 8 point buck during youth hunting day. 


Then my daughter sent me a pic of the middle grandson, Caleb, at trunk or treat. He was dressed in bike gear, like his daddy wears when he rides.


Then Sunday after church, I went and picked up my daughter and the two granddaughters and we were off to spend a glorious afternoon with Disney Princesses on Ice. Here are my two little princesses before the big event. Excited doesn't even begin to cover how they were.


Cinderella up close and personal. She looked right down at Alexis and waved. Since Cinderella is her FAVE, she was in 7th heaven. 




I loved seeing Tinkerbell. She would skate around between each segment and point her wand and ferry dust would sprinkle everywhere. Totally an enchanting afternoon.


Here are my two little princesses after the event. Can anybody say "Worn Out" ?


We had so much fun this weekend, so much family time, so many blessings.

No comments: