11/6/10

The weekend

Thankful thought for the day - Today I am thankful for the weekend.


I love the weekend. Wake up on Saturday morning and have a leisurely breakfast while reading the morning paper. Then call my mom for our weekly chat that is so meaningful to both of us. Since I live over 300 miles away, I don't get to see her as often as I want so no matter how much we talk during the week, Saturday morning is "my time" with Mom. Then I head out the door for a day of shopping. We never lack for anything to talk about, which is how it should be with mothers and their children.

My week is broken down into three segments, Monday through Friday is work, work, work. Saturday is for playing and Sunday is for worship and relaxation. It may sound mundane to some and it may sound monotonous. But I have a ball every moment of my weekend.

I hope you all enjoy yours.

No comments: