I was talking to my Mom yesterday and we were both saying we were so tired of snow and couldn't wait for spring. That got me to thinking about how many times I keep hearing that every where I go.
Now those of you who have known me for long, know one of my favorite movies is Pollyanna by Disney. Pollyanna is orphaned and goes to live with an aunt who has no children. One thing you learn from Pollyanna is that we should look for the good in whatever situation comes our way. Since I have always tried to do that, I thought I would try it with Winter. I was surprised at how many things I actually like about winter. Here's my list:
- Fleece pajamas. There's nothing like putting on warm p.j.'s after your bath.
- Fuzzy house shoes. You know the kind.....comes up to your ankles and lined with warm fleece.
- Snuggling on the couch with your hubby and pulling up a warm blanket over both of you..
- Getting in the car after it's been running a few minutes and feeling the warmth from the vents on your face.
- The heavy warmth that comes from an extra quilt on the bed at night
- Hot chocolate in the morning
- Cinnamon Buns baking in the oven for breakfast
- The sheer beauty of a pristine white snowfall blanketing the ground
- Icicles - if you ever looking closely at them when the sun shines on them, they are truly a work of art