4/3/11

Am I on the right road?



Yesterday was a beautiful day and I had several places I wanted to go. Before the day was out, I had traveled through three counties and logged many miles. But it was a beautiful day and I love to drive. As I was going to my final destination of the day, I was traveling along a road I have only been on a few times in my life. I'm just beebopping along when it hit me...am I on the right road? My granddaughter was asleep in the backseat and Greater Vision was blasting on the radio. This was the beautiful view out my front window. Blue sky, green grass, not a car in sight. That's when it hit me. "I don't know where I'm going!" So I picked up the phone and dialed a dear friend and called to ask "How do I get from HERE to THERE?" Am I going the right way? Did I go to far? I was getting into a little of a panic mode. But she gave me good directions and I got to my destiny without mishap. I thank her for her guidance.

Is there a point to all this? Yes, there is. God works in mysterious ways. This was just another of life's little lessons.

I was going to do my blog this morning as Down an open road, BUT GOD, as my dear friend likes to say, had other plans. As I posted the photo, the words Am I on the right road? came to my mind. As I started typing, I began to realize that yesterday was just one more of those God moments. So often in life, we get lost in the effort of day to day struggles that we sometimes forget which road we are supposed to be traveling. Should I turn left? Should I turn right? Or should I just turn around and start all over again? Is the correct road right around the next corner or did I pass by my turn by being too cautious and missing the road sign? Do you struggle with what you should be doing? Which road you should be taking? Does God often put your turn signal on, but you hit your brakes to decide if you want to turn? When you are on the road of life, do you face each curve in the road, riding your breaks and expecting it to be one of those hairpin curves that puts butterflies in your tummy? We shouldn't. Instead, we should face those curves with our feet on the gas, full speed ahead and know that God is in control, He directs are paths and all we have to do is keep our hands on the wheel and follow His roadmap for us. If you do, I guarantee you will be in for the ride of your life

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Must have been a day for lessons to learn on " Where am I going"....I too had my grandson with me and we were going to Flea Markets to look for an "old" farm with chickens on the grounds picture < did not find one> but it is out there I will find it > anyway as Hunter and I was caught up in talking ...as you KLOVE was running loud ... I thought why am I on this road and where am I going .... LOL ....then I realize Big Lots ....for "stuff" ... LOL But for 10 seconds maybe I was totally confused ...uhm ? Age ? or just to busy having fun with Hunter? I like the last thought...Happy Sabbath Day

Linda said...

Hi Memaw! This was a good little devotional thought! I have done that before where I look around and things don't look familiar and it gives you a panic. But the object lesson was worth it huh? I love how God is always teaching us things through the experiences of life.

Glad you got to your destination!

Love,
Linda

Breathing In Grace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.