Why do so many people wait until Thanksgiving to thank the Lord for all the blessings He bestows on us daily. It's as if we do not see the work He does in our lives as blessings. We just take them for granted. This past week, I have received many blessings in small ways. Yet each one was a shot in the arm that filled me up and made me thankful for what the Lord has done for me.
I thank Him daily for so many things we take for granted.
- A loving family to support us when so many in the world are all alone with no one to care
- A comfortable home with a bed to lay our head down at night when many will be laying on the cold ground with a piece of clothing wadded up for a pillow
- We whine when we can't decide what's for dinner because there are SO MANY choices in our pantry while an old man stands alone in an old alley digging through rubbish for some scrap of food to appease the gnawing hunger he lives with every day
- We fuss at our kids for being so rowdy when a little girl is huddled in a corner trying to be quiet while her mommy drowns her sorrow in a bottle
- We give a quick hug or kiss to a love one without even thinking about it while there are those who haven't felt a kind touch in years.