5/7/12

It was worth it....


I went to a yard sale Saturday for Relay for Life. I only found one item there, but it was SO worth the trip. I have been searching and searching for a cream and sugar set. I finally found what I was looking for. Check out the price tag. Just $1.00 for the set....


Since I have been accumulating some good finds, I decided to do some rearranging on Saturday afternoon to display some of my treasures.

I started out with the wine rack and removed my rooster stuff. I am not sure where I am moving it to. But here is what I did with the shelves. Remember the oval glass platter? I used it to set the cream and sugar bowl on.


I placed the little stack of saucers right beside it on my new white scarf.


I displayed my long awaited coffee cup and saucer on the same shelf and this was the end result.


Then I took the white milk glass platter from several weeks ago and placed one of the milk glass vases along with a little pitcher and toothpick holder I already had. I sat my milk glass speckled hen salt dip on it and it made a pretty centerpiece for the second shelf.


Next, I worked on the baker's rack. I just haven't liked the way I had rearranged everything a couple of months ago, so I decided to move some things around. I found this Depression era recipe book in my collection.


I thought it went cute with the little tea pot from last weeks treasure hunt. So I put them on my other scarf I got the other day.


Then I dug through a drawer of utensils and found some wooden spoons to put in my crock.


I paired it with an old red plaid apron that Mom gave me over 20 years ago. It is so old that we aren't even sure where it came from. I used one of my recent Pyrex bowl finds and this was the finished product. I must say I was very pleased with the look.


I put my casserole dish from the estate sell on the top rack and this was the end result. Notice my homemade apple butter on the bottom rack. I can't wait until September to make some more.


I still have some of my new items that I'm working on so I should have another post of changes whenever I figure out where to put everything.

Hope everybody has a great week.












2 comments:

Rachel said...

I like the new look on your bakers rack. Very cute! Have a good day!

Creations By Cindy said...

Love all the goodies! Hugs and blessings, Cindy