5/18/12

Keep Out Signs


Wow, I need one of these signs. Do you ever let people into your head and let their remarks or comments ruin something you otherwise enjoy? And the bad part is that they don't even mean anything by it, we just take it the wrong way. I try not to make comments unless I know the recipient will understand my warped sense of humor.



I am bad about letting others comments get to me though. But no more. I am taking a stand and standing firm.


Here's what happened. It was all perfectly innocent but I took things the wrong way (as I usually do). I had gotten a new purse in my Thirty One add on kit. It is a larger purse and not something most people would carry. But I loved it. One day I carried it to church and a lady I know laughingly asked when I started carrying a diaper bag. I took it to heart and couldn't force myself to carry the purse any more. I sold it.
Then every where I would go, I started seeing the purse. And yes some of the women had small children, but just as many were women my age who just like big purses. Then I started realizing that I DID like that purse and that I missed it.

Long story short, I received a gift certificate from Thirty One last week for a backordered product I had earned for free. I used the gift certificate to purchase the big purse in a different pattern. I received it yesterday and I couldn't be happier with it....even if it STILL looks like a diaper bag.


But you know what? I have decided it doesn't matter what others think about it. I love it. It holds all my stuff and it is HUGE if I get more stuff. And with my signature B on it, I am beyond thrilled with my new purse. Add that to the fact that I found flip flops in black with a touch of Aqua on the tag and I am one happy camper.


So like my purse or laugh because I carry a diaper bag. It's not going to matter to me. I love it.


3 comments:

Creations By Cindy said...

I found a Named brand diaper bag once at Sears. Eddie Bauer addition. In the clearance bin for CHEAP! Nice isn't the word! Well I decided to use it for my camera bag to hold all my camera thingy's. So funny at the remarks I would get when shooting a wedding about my DIAPER BAG! Love it! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Patrice said...

I don't generally like sharing the space inside my head. Most folks don't mean to say bad things, but once in a while there's someone who means it. Grrr!Have a good weekend.

Rachel said...

Don't waste your time or your brain cells giving those people a second thought! Say a little prayer for them and then be on your way! I love the purse!