5/21/12

Oh wow, oh wow, oh wow!

I had something happen yesterday that absolutely made my day. I am friends with a lady who comes to visit this area from West Virginia every year. She spends a couple of months with her cousin and I see her at church and have been running into her at yard sales lately.

She was at my house this past week and I was showing her some of my most recent finds and we were discussing what we both collected.

You know I love Pyrex. I am constantly scouting around for a new piece. Well, my friend came to church this morning and said she had something for me. When she handed me the bag, I opened it up and pulled out this....


I was beyond thrilled. I love it. I looked it up to see the pattern and it is a rare item they made as a promotional piece in 1966. The pattern is called by two names, either blue stripe or blue barcode. That is so awesome. And to think it was vintage 1966, the year my baby brother was born. I put it in a place of honor on top the baker's rack.


And if that wasn't WOW enough, she pulled out this little box and said "And I found you this."


You know I love tea sets of any size and have quite a few mini sets. But nothing as gorgeous as this one.


I put it in the living room on the stand so I can enjoy looking at it. It is exquisite.


Thank you so much to my dear friend. I will treasures these items always.


1 comment:

Creations By Cindy said...

Oh I love the tea set. How pretty! I too like pyrex dishes. Hugs and blessings, Cindy