9/9/12

6 Most Beloved Words ...


....You're going to be a grandmother.


Oh, what a feeling. You hear that from other grandparents. Your Mom tells you how great it is to be a grandparent. But nothing, absolutely nothing, can prepare you for the phenomenal feeling you get when you hear those words. And not just the first time, or the second time, but every single solitary time.



I have had the privilege of being told that five different times. And it thrills me the same each and every time. My heart overflows with love for these five precious little beings that God has blessed our family with. 


I want to do a photo blog today. I started going through photos and trying to pick a few of my favorite ones. I would just "copy to folder" when I would see some I thought would be cute for my blog. Well, next thing I knew, I had a folder of over 500 photos I wanted to share. So I went to work on narrowing it down. After about an hour, I had finally narrowed it down to 184 photos. Let's face it, I think I have the most adorable grandchildren in the world and can't decide which photos are my favorites. So I decided my best bet would be to simply pick a pic of each one of them to share with you. 

Christian Garret


 Caleb Michael 


Alexis Caroline


Shelby Rayne


 Colby James


There you have it. The loves of my life. And the thing that makes me the happiest is that they appear to love me as much as I love them. 

One of my most memorable moments as a Mamaw happened a few years ago when Alexis was about 5. She came and sat on my lap and said "You know why I always love you?" and when I asked why, she said "Because you are always in my heart."

And that sums up the way I feel about each of my grandbabies as well. 

For all my readers who are grandparents, Happy Grandparents Day! 

1 comment:

Beth said...

Your grandchildren are adorable!