10/6/12

A yard sale and some smiles...


I ran out yesterday morning to go to what was labeled as an estate sale in my paper. My mind immediately went to vintage mode. Talk about disappointing. The "estate" sale was in a local subdivision and they had about 4 tables of stuff for sale. Out of everything for sale, there was one or two old plates that they had priced at $7.00. And they weren't even pretty or unique. But there was another sale in the same subdivision that was not advertised. So I popped in there and found these goodies. 

This little pot. I need to get some cleaner to see if I can restore it to a better condition, but I like it no matter how it turns out. 


She also had a set of Christmas mugs which I bought for my upcoming Christmas Wish List party. There were three of them in the original box that she bought them in. One was missing but I bought the set of three in the box for $1.00. Once I got them home and got to looking at the box, it turns out they are by a famous artist, Betty Whiteaker, and were a limited edition in 1999 for JC Penny and United Way. I found one of them for sale on E-bay for $14.99 for one cup. I love when I find something that ends up having some value. 



I picked up this little Christmas cloth. I am not sure if it is a scarf or a bread cloth, but I will find a use for it. I decorate a little 4 foot tree for my office every Christmas, I may cut a slit in this and use it as a tree skirt. The size is perfect. 


This little candy dish was so cute that I just couldn't pass it up. (Yes, sister dear, it is going in your box because I know how much you love snowmen.)


One really good thing came from my stop at that sale. She told me to come back the next day because the whole community was having a yard sale that day and there were going to be tons of participants in it. So I guess you know where I am heading out to this morning. And the good part is it is only about 2 - 3 miles from my house. 

But the highlight of my day came when it was time to take my grandson Colby birthday shopping. He just turned 2 on Monday. We had a blast. He had a new haircut and he looks even more adorable if that is possible. 


I took him to the car aisle and I would show him tons of different things and he kept going back to the "race race" boxes of Hot Wheels cars. I would show him a bunch of other stuff like race tracks and remote controls and he would shake his head no and clutch his race cars and say "race".  The child is a future NASCAR driver I do believe.  


If he doesn't race, he will be a ball player. If he doesn't have a couple of cars in his hand then he usually has a ball glove on it. He is so adorable because he would rather watch baseball or racing than cartoons. As a matter of fact, when I picked him up, he was watching a ballgame on one of the sports channels. But the funniest part of the day was when we stopped at Burger King to share an ice cream cone (we had been to McDonald's earlier for nuggets and fries.) Burger King had the TV on and Colby could see it from where he was sitting so he pointed to it and said "Baseball". As we had our ice cream, his little eyes were glued to the screen. Then, his little eyes rounded, his little mouth opened and    I heard "Uh-oh. Foul ball." The child definitely has star quality in some field of sports. He can usually be seen in his ball cap. I had to bribe him to get it off for the pictures in the buggy. But as soon as I took those, the hat went back on. 


1 comment:

Kim said...

Yep, it sounds like a sports addict in the future. He sure is a cutie.