1/7/13

Weekend wrap up

Saturday, my daughter took me to the antique store she had found my Pyrex bowl at. I didn't buy anything but she did have some items that had good prices. I don't collect the state plates, but I am starting to see them everywhere I go. She had one from Maine, Oklahoma and West Virginia. 


When we left there, we went to Old Tyme Pottery. They were setting out some new items. I fell in love with the new distressed tables. I would love to have something in this line for my beach room.  



I also fell in love with this window seat bench. It would be perfect for the kids room and would provide much needed extra seating. 


Here are some more little tables that would look good in the beach room. 


So would these little cabinets. 



As I redo my office for 2013, one thing I am trying to incorporate are some geometric designs. I don't know why, but I am just loving geometric shapes. I have a spare TV in my office and need a small chair for in there. I may have to go back and get this one. It is unique but I really fell in love with it. I didn't even think to look at the price.


This is a cute piece of furniture too. 


So you are probably wondering what I ended up buying. Nothing. At least not from there. It was more of a "scouting" trip. But I did find some new blue yarn at Walmart that I really fell in love with. 


I didn't know what I wanted to do with it. But I went through my yarn at home and found these colors that I thought would compliment it pretty good. 


I cut out a piece of plastic canvas and decided to try to create a "Chevron" style pattern. I was so pleased with the result that I think I will make a box out of this. The green looks kind of olive on my computer, but it is actually a medium sage green. 


I put all my supplies I needed in my Thirty One craft bag. I love this bag. I've had it for two years and it is so handy to just pick it up and start working on my crafts. 


When going through my plastic canvas to cut my pieces for the box, I found these coaster forms I had forgotten I had bought. I am going to make some assorted coasters once I finish the box.  


I also found these heart shapes. Not sure how or what, but I am going to do something with these for Valentine's. I have several shades of red and pink yarn. Throw in my white and I think I can make something cute out of these. 


I did pick up a couple of weekly planners on Friday. I had looked at Walmart and Staples but just didn't want to pay from $8.00 to $20.00 for a weekly planner...especially since I needed two. One for each of my businesses. But I got these at Dollar General for a total of $3.50. I just love a bargain. 


On Sunday, I went to church. The last two weeks, I haven't sung in choir. I took a little "vacation" from singing. First because my rib was still sore from my fall and I didn't feel like standing long periods of time. Then the next week, I just decided not to sing that day. I was a little worn out from the holidays. But I'm back to normal now and went back to choir. I think our director was going to come hunt me down if I didn't. :)


All in all it was a relaxing weekend. Which felt pretty good after all the holiday hub bub. 


1 comment:

Patrice said...

I want the window seat bench! So nice. I'm not sure I have a place for it, but in my dream house it would look super. :)