4/18/13

Thursday's Things I'm Loving


I am in love with an app on my phone that I didn't even know I had. It is Quickoffice and contain Word and Excel as well as a PDF maker. Why is this such a big deal? I design websites and one I was working on last night was going to involve a lot of typing. I had all the text I needed for the site, but it was on paper not on something I could cut and paste. So I thought and thought and the I remembered seeing this on my phone. I opened it, hit the keyboard function, hit the microphone on the keyboard and I spoke the entire document one page at a time and saved the file. I plugged my phone into my USB port on my computer and opened the document on my computer in Word and cut and pasted to the website. One of more brilliant moments. There were just a few minor changes I had to type because it didn't understand me right, but the whole process took 18 minutes to do two pages of text. Love it!


I saw this cute little bowl on the internet somewhere one day. I can't remember what it is. I don't believe this is Pyrex but I don't know if it is Glasbake, Fire King or something completely different. Does anybody know who made it and what pattern it is called? I adore it.


I am on the prowl for the Pyrex/Corning Ware cup in the Colonial Mist. I love all Pyrex and collect a lot of it, but I consider Colonial Mist 'my pattern'.


I have GOT to find the recipe for this fudge. Doesn't this look like the best fudge in the entire world. I would love to make some to see if it is as good as it looks. I have been eating a lot of bananas and diced peaches for a snack lately and I could sure use a pan of fudge. 


I'm still considering getting a pair of these tennis shoes. I just adore them. 


I need new flip flops. About 2 years ago, I was up to 32 pairs. Now between all the wear and tear and getting rid of ones that just plain hurt my feet, I am down to 11 pairs. OH MY GOSH! Call 911 or Flip Flops Anonymous. I need help! Only 11 pairs left! Whatever will I do! Seriously, I need one whole day shopping trip that involves going to every shoe store in the area to restock my flip flop supply.


Do you ever play games on Facebook? For years, I wouldn't even consider it. But my grandson Garret was over one time and introduced me to Dragon City. I played it so I could provide him with gifts he needed for his city. Well, talk about addictive. I hatch my dragon eggs and gather my gold and food every morning. In the evening I feed and battle my drags and breed new dragons. It is actually fun and I'm able to minimize how much time I spend on it...about 15-20 minutes twice a day so that's not bad. But it is fun seeing the unique dragons I can breed. You don't always no what you are going to get till it hatches. But his is my favorite. The seashell dragon. Hmm, wonder why I like it so much? Could it be my love of anything to do with the beach? 



Have a great Thursday. 



1 comment:

ThrifterSisters said...

That casserole dish actually is Pyrex. It is called Garland and is a promotional piece. My sister bought me one for Christmas!

Erica