11/23/13

COMING SOON....Thanksgiving!


Is it just me or has November flown by? I can't believe this week is Thanksgiving. It's time to start cleaning the house for the family to visit. 


Old Tom is starting to defrost in the fridge.


A nice Kentucky Legend Ham is waiting to be covered in pineapples and brown sugar. I don't eat turkey, but I do love my ham.


The traditional jellied cranberry sauce is ready to be opened. 


Lot of preparation to do for the dressing, pineapple upside down cake and the various side dishes to go with the feast.


Couple of pies setting in the freezer ready to be prepared along with our standard of corn for just about every meal we have.


We did most of the shopping earlier this week on hubby's day off. I will finish up the few stragglers sometime today or Monday.


The Pyrex collection is ready to be used for all the mixin' and fixin' that will be going on next week as I make cakes and hubby fixes his potato salad and macaroni salad.


Sunday afternoon is my first Christmas gathering for my Thirty-One sisters. With Christmas being so hectic over the holidays, we opted to do our potluck dinner/gift exchange this Sunday. I'm starting to collect items for my gift to take. I had my friend over at Stevie Marie's make me this as part of the gift. I'll accumulate the rest of it today. I hope whoever ends up with it likes it. 


I'm working a couple of hours this morning to get ahead on some projects for next week so I can enjoy my four day weekend next weekend. Then I'm heading to East Knoxville to start a little Christmas shopping. Have a great day!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

What a cute little towel! All that food makes me hungry!