5/27/14

Weekend Wrap Up


I had a yard sale this past weekend with my daughter and her mother-in-law. We had a great time. I picked up these cute little bowls. 


Sunday, Hubby and I went looking at new grills. We have narrowed it down but not bought one yet. I think he wants this one. It has infrared burners and a place for a rotisserie.


We bought some Boston ferns for the front porch. I love them. 


I visited some antique stores this weekend and was thrilled with my finds. I found my very first piece of Pyrex England. I was beyond thrilled. I have never seen any of that line locally. Of course I snatched it up. 


I found this adorable vintage coin purse. My cousin, Patty, collects vintage coin purses and beaded purses so I knew she had to have this. 


When I opened it up, it has a rain bonnet in it.


We went through this tunnel years ago and I never thought to get a thimble for my collection. The lady where I usually buy most of my Pyrex gave me the thimble for free. 


I have been looking for the rectangle Town and Country dish. I was thrilled to find it today. 


You remember I recently bought a tea for two in pink and I already had blue. I made the comment I needed to find a yellow. I never dreamed I would. But this was one of my finds for just $5.00.


A cute little bud vase for just .25 cents.


My little juice glass. I love the red flowers. I must be into red flowers right now since that is my new blog design. I found a new place for free designs and I'm test driving the new look to see how I like it. 


For almost two years, I have wanted the Glasbake tulip baking dish. I never dreamed I would find it. Especially for just $8.00.


I am a huge Garrison Keillor fan, especially his Lake Wobegon. We had these tapes years ago and I don't know what happened to them. Now to find a way to convert them to CD. 


Over all it was a great weekend.


2 comments:

ThrifterSisters said...

I can't believe that you managed to check so many things off of your list! You must be thrilled :-)

Have a great week!

Erica

Terri D. said...

You do have the best sales and antique shops near you!! Great finds, and keep us posted regarding which grill comes home with you!!

 

Mamaw's Place Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design