6/10/14

Happy Birthday, Mommy


Happy birthday to my Mom.



She has played such an important role in my life and I cannot imagine her not being there for me.

When we were growing up, we always came first. She always made sure we had clean clothes and kept us well fed. She made sure we learned our manners and how to treat others. She did all those wonderful Mom things, like "Wash behind your ears." "Brush your teeth." "Always wear clean underwear."

She is my best friend. Even though I live far away, she is always with me in my heart. We share so many common interests...our love for Scrabble, Rummy, Rook and Yahtzee. Good romance novels. Chocolate. Ice cream. Shopping. Sunday drives in the country. Baking cookies, cakes and candy.



We both love changing out our purses before we go shopping. We both love our plain white canvas tennis shoes. We both love to craft. We both love our Prell shampoo and our Dove soap. We both love to sit down with a big bowl of vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup while we read our books.

Everything I am today is because of this beautiful woman. I love you Mom and thank God every day for all the love you have given us and for all the times we have shared.

Have a very, very, very Happy 84th birthday.






3 comments:

ThrifterSisters said...

It's Maddie's birthday today too. I'd say she is in very good company :-)

Erica

Beth said...

Happy Birthday to your mom!! I hope it is a wonderful day for her!

Terri D said...

Happy birthday to your mom!! What a wonderful blessing to still have her in your life!