8/16/14

Thoughts of fall.....


I don't know what it is about mid-August that makes me think so much of fall. I guess it is the back to school excitement. It always makes me think of Friday night football games.


Going to the apple orchard to get apples to make apple butter.


Drives through the Great Smoky Mountains to see the changing of the leaves.


People beginning to display their mums.


Jumping in the leaves after Daddy would rake them up. 


There are so many memories in fall. I love when we start getting close to that time of year.



3 comments:

Empty Nester said...

I love this post! I, too, think of fall when school starts back. I wish we started after Labor Day like we did when I was little.

ThrifterSisters said...

I would definitely have to say that Fall is my favorite time of year. I also start to get really excited during August. I spend a lot more time on Pinterest pinning comfort food recipes and craft projects :-)

~Erica

Terri D said...

Lovely photos and memories.