6/26/15

A great find....

As you know, I love collecting Pyrex. My favorite are the mixing bowls sets. They usually come in four sizes. For some reason, in my area, the largest bowl...the 404...is extremely rare. I have never been about to find a complete set or if I find a set of 3, I never can find that large 4th one to complete my set. So far I have 3 of the Early American set.


Three of the Town & Country set.


Three of the Colonial Mist set.


Three of the Autumn Harvest set. 


And three of the Woodland set. 


My daughter picked me up a set recently that had 3 of the blue with clear bottom set.


But alas, I have not been able to complete a set of 4. That big bowl just doesn't exist around here. And people in my groups that have them, won't usually part with them. I had one more of the 3 piece sets which was in Shenandoah pattern. I love it but decided since I am doing more blues & browns, I would put this for trade in one of my Facebook Pyrex groups to see if I could get anything in blue or brown.
  

Imagine my surprise when I was offered the Homestead set....which is blue AND brown. And then she told me she would take one other bowl I was trading and would throw in the big 404 for the Homestead. It came yesterday and I could not be happier. Isn't it beautiful.


 I was ecstatic!





1 comment:

Terri D said...

Congratulations!! Now I'll be looking for sets of four when I am out and about! See what you've done to me?!! :-)