10/17/15

Loving Laundry

After over 20 years of having a small stackable washer and dryer, I bit the bullet and bought a new set of normal size. I am in love. They are LG brand with all kinds of bells and whistles. I couldn't wait to get home yesterday just so I could do laundry. Me, who hates laundry, actually went around the house trying to find things to wash after I finished the last load.


My laundry room is just a small hallway type room that heads to the back door. Right now, the dryer sets out too far because the hose on the back is too long and they didn't have anything to cut it off to shorten it. I will get it fixed in the next day or two so it can scoot back even with the washer. 


I am thrilled to have gotten rid of the stand up freezer and stackable w/d and now my laundry area actually is beginning to feel like a laundry room. 


I had a lot of stuff stacked on top the freezer so I had to rearrange some things to find a place to store stuff. So I used this little shelf we had to put my detergent and softener on. 


I moved our jackets to the spare closet and used this to put my clothes on the hangar when I take them out of the dryer. I never had room to do this before. It made doing laundry so much easier. Once I was done, I just carried them to the closet. Talk about simplifying things. 


And my poor ironing board has been stuck in closets, behind doors, tons of places that I didn't like having it. So now it has a new home. 


The only down side is that the new washer dryer does not buzz when it is done like the old models. It plays a little tune that sounds just like the ice cream truck is coming around the neighborhood. So every time a load gets done, my body knows to go fold clothes but my mind says "Hmmm. Think I'll have some ice cream."

3 comments:

Terri D said...

I am giggling at the ice cream truck jingle. Congrats on the new washer & dryer!! Mine are 26 years old and still doing fine. I would love an excuse for new ones, but the old Kenmore brand appliances just keep on ticking. Your laundry room looks great!

Breathing In Grace said...

Love LG products! I pray over my appliances so I'm hoping mine hold out many more years. Yours look so nice though.I'm

Breathing In Grace said...

....happy for you! Crazy phone...operator!!! Lol