10/23/15

Some great organization ideas...


I decided to visit Pinterest to get some ideas for organizing. I was going to look for ways to organize my office, my desk and my crafts. I have grown on crafts supplies so my old system is not working. The first thing that caught my eyes was this. A jar to keep ribbon in. They simply removed the ribbon from those aggravating spools that take up so much room and wrapped them around the large craft sticks. I really like this idea. 

Great ideas for ribbon storage using glass jars and wide Popsicle sticks!:

On that same Pinterest board, this caught my eye.  It is a shoe bag used to store craft supplies. I have had one of these for years inside my craft closet for glue guns, glue sticks, velcro, tape, hem tape, etc. It works fabulously. I love it. So I thought I would share this idea with you again in case you missed it the first time I posted it. 

The Stressed Mom.   4. Renee over at Hello Little One shows how she uses a shoe organizer to keep all her craft supplies in one place. Her post also has lots of other great ideas for organizing! -   9. Keep scrapbooking punches, scissors and embellishments where you can see them.   10. Hall closet for gloves, mittens, scarves, keys and other items that need to go out the door. -:

Then I notices she had done small hanging organizing bag for nail polish. Oh my gosh! If  you knew how many times a month I have to go through my big basket of nail polish to be able to find the shade I want you would understand why this is thrilling to me. I have over 50 bottles so this would be perfect for me.

150 Dollar Store Organizing Ideas and Projects for the Entire Home.  I never would have thought of putting makeup in it:

I also saw this idea and I must tell you that I did this as well a couple of years ago. It is amazing how much cabinet space I have under the sink after I did this. 

50 Genius Storage Ideas (all very cheap and easy!) Great for organizing and small houses. - shoe organizers work well for so many things! You can use it * in the laundry room for cleaning supplies,  * in the garage for spray paint and tools,  * in the kids’ room for toys, or  * in the closet for scarves, socks, belts, and shoes. They are ideal for small spaces because they take up unused wall or door space instead of your much needed closets and cupboards.:

Can you see a pattern? I got so obsessed with the multitude of uses for hanging shoe holders that I am ending up blogging about that instead of my original intent. One lady had this inside her kitchen pantry. Several people I know do this and keep school snacks in them. She fixes them on Sunday night and labels each one with the child's name and the day of the week. So at lunch packing time, she just goes to the pantry with the lunch boxes and fills them with the presorted snacks or juices.

The Stressed Mom.   2. Sarah, THE Money Saving Queen, shared how she used a shoe organizer in her pantry to corral all those packets (I don't have enough hanging space for a shoe organiser, but use small plastic boxes instead),     A Shoe Organiser can also help keep snacks handy for the kids. Her hint: keep the healthier snacks at kid level. -  I especially like that idea.....:

I did like this one because of the colorful background. The pockets are wider than shoes so I am not sure what it was for. But I love the size of it.

Using shoe organizers to corral your stuff -- TheStressedMom.com.  1. This picture below was found on Pinterest and linked to A Bowl Full of Lemons, but I cannot find the original post. Looks like she is using her organizer for all kids of writing utensils, as well as study guides, so this could be for a home-school family.:

Another that I definitely need is a place to store gloves, mittens, scarves and knit hats. I am constantly trying to find my winter wearables.
Use a shoe organizer for all your winter stuff (gloves, hats, mittens, etc).:
This is one of those racks that can holds shoes or sweaters. But someone cleverly uses it to hold board games. How neat is that?

Store and organize board games in a hanging shoe organizer. Never thought of this.:

Well, now that I have went of in a different direction than what I had planned, I need to go back to my original plan to find ways to organize my office and desk. Hope you have a great day.






1 comment:

Terri D said...

These are all great ideas! It's amazing what we can fine on the Internet and especially on Pinterest! Thanks for sharing!!