7/27/16

It's that time of year...

Why is it every year when we get closer to August, I get in a fall mood. I have never figured that out. Summer is about 1/2 over and I am already looking ahead to fall.


I start thinking about fall crafts about now and looking for new ways to decorate. I don't always follow through, but I do enjoy looking.


This is a great gift idea for a "just because" gift to friends. 

Substitute caramel sauce made from sweetened condensed milk (http://www.spendwithpennies.com/sweetened-condensed-milk-caramel/) still canned to ensure shelf-life since it's not considered safe to home-can milk products:

Okay, I love this. Call me crazy, but why couldn't I just take some old books from yard sales and spray paint them and do this with it? I think I may just have to try that. You could cut off a piece of thick twig from a tree branch and use it as the stem for the "pumpkin." Hmmm....food for thought.

fun wood pumpkins-cut & paint 2x4s (or use leftover pcs from hubbies project!) :o):

I love this. Spray paint the cheap plastic pumpkins for mum planters. You could even turn them around facing backwards so they don't look like jack-o-lanterns to use all fall. You could do any color you wanted to make them shiny and pretty. Or better yet use the new Valspar® Milk Glass Spray Paint to make them look like vintage milk glass. OOO! I love that idea.

Fall Decor --Drab to Fab diy mum holders for fall:

This is a craft I know I could do. You wouldn't have to be very artsy to do a crow, ghost or jack-o-lantern face. Not to mention these rough wooden spoons come in three packs for about a dollar at most places.

Primitive Halloween Fall Wooden Hand-painted Spoons - 6 Crock Filler Decorations #NaivePrimitive #Myself:

This would be an easy DIY craft. Vase with candle stick hot glued under it for a pedestal and then put in a candle and cinnamon sticks. Super simple, super cheap.

DIY Cinnamon Candle.:

Now this is really, really cute.

Turn a terracotta pot into a decorative pumpkin by painting them orange. It's the perfect craft for transitioning from summer to fall!:

Well, I have some ideas at least now so if I do decide to make anything.






3 comments:

ThrifterSisters said...

Your crafts always end up turning out so cute. Hope you find the time to make a few so we can see them!

Terri D said...

These are some really cute ideas and most look pretty easy to do. Let us know what you decide to try!!

Sandi said...

I was going to say, "Already?" But then I saw it was from last year...July?