7/23/16

My visit to Global Gifts

In the city of Columbus, OH there is a district known at "The Short North". It is a neighborhood centered on the main strip of High Street immediately north of downtown and extending until just south of the Ohio State University campus area. In that district is a store called Global Gifts. I stumbled across it last year at my Thirty-One National Conference and couldn't wait to go back this year. Check it out...


My friend Jenna who loves to do some Christmas shopping each time we go here.


There are so many unique items, I'll show you some of the different sections.






See that tea for two set in the back? I bought that last year on my first trip there.


Debbie at Jeremiah-2911.com will love the little owls.



Again some birds and owls for Ms. Debbie.







I love the jewelry area. Could spend all day just browsing all the choices.





So, with all these wonderful items available, do you want to see what I bought for myself.


Thirty-One has had a bicycle theme at last years conference and I bought a necklace charm and a t-shirt with a bike. This year, they have come out with a bicycle on some of the products. So needless to say, I had to have this bicycle.


They have a gorgeous polished rock collection in heart shapes. Last year, I bought IMAGINE. This year, I bought BELIEVE. I love these.


But my favorite purchase of all was this beautiful red and gold bracelet. I wear so much red, especially in winter. Plus red is one of the new colors in Thirty-One products this year which thrilled me because red is my favorite color. So I knew it was meant to be for me to buy this bracelet.


If you are ever in Columbus, you should visit this store out. They have three locations in Indiana as well. You can follow Global Gifts by clicking these links on:

Global Gifts carries products that are fair trade, which means that any purchases supports fair wages, gender equity and safe and dignified working conditions. Global Gifts is a nonprofit organization. Their products come from artisans in more than 40 countries around the world, each with a unique story. (This information is from their website and you can learn more at http://www.globalgiftsft.com/)









Global Gifts
682 North High Street
Columbus, OH 43215
Phone: (614) 621-1744
Hours:
Mon -Thurs: 11am - 7pm
Fri & Sat: 11am - 9pm, Sun: 11am - 5pm

2 comments:

Terri D said...

Columbus has changed so much since I lived there, back in the early 70s. We were just there in May for my niece's wedding. The reception was in the German Village area. Very nice! So glad you had such a good time and also had time for yourself to shop a bit! That bicycle ornament is very cute!

Breathing In Grace said...

Such awesome products. I love that it's a fair trade company, too....and, yes, the owlies are so cute. I'm gonna check out the links you provided. Happy Saturday to you.