1/9/17

Weekend wrap up


It has been a busy week to say the least. I have had 7 days off and have to go back today. But then Tuesday & Wednesday will be my day off so I'm not going to complain about working Monday. Our Christmas was taken down at work this week while we were during dark days so it's back to the main Dixie show starting Jan 13th and I can see my buffalo again.


Over the weekend, I worked really hard on getting my craft room organized. Starting with the closet. I put on my bags/totes and purses on the closet rack. Most of them are hung up using the round curtain hooks, but when I used all those, I had to go to hangers. But I like them a lot better on the shower curtain hooks.


Each one of my containers is labeled using blackboard duct tape and chalk. I am addicted to the tape. It actually has a peel off back so you can cut to size, peel and stick.  


As you can see, I've already started a container for my annual yard sale this year because I kept finding things I kept in the move that I decided I wish I hadn't kept.


I redid the 3 piece book shelf unit. It's not completely how I want it yet, but I did it using containers I already have so I'm not going to replace them. I actually like the pink with the black and white.


The top shelf on this one needs fixed up a little more.


The middle unit has another shelf I can put in it, but I have to buy a replacement clip to hold it in place. We had taken it out when we had a TV in this unit and I can only find 3 of the 4 clips to hold the shelf in.


I moved my teapots and tea sets all over the house and some of them stayed in here on top of the book shelves. I love my book shelves. I have had them about 24 years now and they have held up very well.


I was so happy to have everything done and my desk moved in front of the window. It was nice sitting at my desk and watching the snow fall whenever I did anything on the computer. The lace curtains and the snow outside the window makes it look like my camera went crazy on the wall behind the desk.


My next day off, I'm firing up the sewing machine and learning how to use it. It's been awhile and this one is fancier than any I ever had. My sister gave it to me and I haven't been brave enough to try it out yet.


I still need to clean out the drawers in the little chest. They have a hodge podge of just about anything that I didn't know where else to put it. It's long over due for a good cleaning and tossing.


At the end of it all, I made myself a little pin cushion for the sewing area.


It has been a fantastic 7 days. If this was anything to go by, 2017 is going to be an awesome year.

1 comment:

Terri D said...

Your craft/sewing room looks so great, Brenda! I'm envious!! Enjoy, and I hope getting back to work won't be too hard on you! The buffalo are amazing creatures!