2/14/17

He called me sweetheart....


From as far back as I can remember, my hubby always called me sweetheart. Whenever he would say Brenda, it would take a minute to realize he was talking to me because he forever and always called me sweetheart. I loved it. Valentine's Day was his favorite day. He love surprising me with little presents, or a box of my favorite candy. 

It has always been a very special day to us. On February 14th, 1981 he bought me a beautiful planter because he knows I love house plants way more than real flowers. The little felt heart below was on my planter. He wanted to take me to the movies. I wanted to see 9-5 with Dolly Parton so that's where we went for our first Valentine's Day date. I thought that night was a special Valentine because it was our first one together. But it was even more special than I realized, because after the movie, he asked me to become his wife.


Flash forward to 2015, our last Valentine's Day together. He bought me a key with little rhinestone chips that I wanted desperately. When he gave it to me, he told me I would always hold the key to his heart and I would always be his sweetheart. 


Such wonderful memories. I hate when people call me a widow or say I'm single. I still wear my wedding band most of the time because it just feels right. I will never love another and he will always be my true love, my soul mate. So in my mind, in my heart and in the very depths of my soul I am still and will forever be a wife to this wonderful man who loved me so much.




I love you Allen Dale and I will always remain, your.........




2 comments:

Sylvia said...

How sweet! I would feel the very same way. Have a blessed day!

Anonymous said...

MarthaPG
Brenda! I always enjoy your blog
knowing it will be be filled with your
feelings as you accept life with
a very positive attitude.
Your writing bring tears at times.
You are Sunshine on gloomy days
and even on sunny days.
Big Blessings,
Martha

 

Mamaw's Place Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design