4/12/17

Some Random Things Today


I forgot to post some desserts from a few weeks ago that I created. First off, I had made pan of brownies but wanted frosting for them. But I had no confectioner sugar. Then I remembered something I learned from a Girl Scout leader friend years ago. So I tossed four Milky Ways (which I did have on hand) and a tablespoon of peanut butter and about 1-2 tablespoons of water in a double boiler and melted it till it was mixed and creamy. Then I poured it on the warm brownie so it would spread. It set up into a nice fudgy caramel peanut butter frosting. it was a huge hit.


Then I made another pan of brownies. This was a request from a guy I work with. He asked for brownies with "some coconut, peanut butter, caramel, chocolate chips and apples." Okay, that was a little complicated so I just had to wing it. What I did was make the brownie mix with some peanut butter and coconut inside the brownie. Once it baked, I toasted some more coconut and stirred it into a bowl of Marzetti Caramel Dip and poured that on the warm brownies so it would spread. I then melted chocolate chips and drizzled that over the coconut caramel icing. I could figure out how to incorporated the apples so I just cut up fresh apples and mixed them in a side bowl of caramel dip as well. That way, he could heat the apple mixture and put on top of his brownie if he so chose. 


Everybody said both of these were to die for and want to know when I'm bringing in some more. So I guess they were a hit. I'm thinking about making me a white cake with chocolate icing today. I'll just have to see how my day goes. 


Well, I have made myself hungry so I think I'll go fix something for an early lunch. Have a great day.


1 comment:

Breathing In Grace said...

Oh, mercy....those brownies look sooooo good!!! I bet your co-workers love it when they see you heading in with a pan!!! ;-)