Weekend wrap up...

It's been a rainy weekend here in East Tennessee. Flood warnings are out this morning as the creeks and rivers are rising. 

Friday night, Colby stayed all night with me all by himself. He loves his sister Alexis and cousin Shelby to stay when he comes over. Always has stayed with one or two of the other grandchildren.

But Friday it was just me and him. We had a blast. I love this little boy to pieces. When I was taking him home, I said "So how did you like staying by yourself? Will you do it again one day?" His response was "I loved it. I'm going to stay by myself again only this time with Alexis and Shelby. LOL. Gotta love the mind of a 6 year old.

Worked both days this weekend. Saturday my group greeting partner, Alan, had a wedding to preach at so I had to greet 11 groups. Close to 800 guests arrived on those 11 groups and some of them had 2 or 3 buses to greet. Did this during a lot of rain as well so I wasn't feeling to good when I got home. I did get a good pic of Alan and my friend Kendra who is one of our beautiful Southern Belles at Dixie. 

Then Sunday, we all somehow got to talking about breakfast for supper and it made me so hungry that when I got off work I decided to go to Waffle House for supper. It was only 8:00. Called my daughter to see if she had heard if school was called off for the flooding. When I asked what she was doing, she said "We are heading to Waffle House for supper." So I ended up having supper with her family since we arrived about 2 minutes apart. Had a great time and it was delicious. 

I have brownies in the oven this morning and going to put the Milky Way Peanut Butter frosting on them like the pan I made a few weeks ago. 

I don't usually go to work until afternoon, so my plan was to sleep in this morning and listen to the rain. It turned out that the rain stopped overnight and I woke up at 5:40 and could not go back to sleep. Laid there tossing and turning until 7:00. I finally just got up. I got this week's schedule out to copy to my calendar only to realize they changed things up and I have to be there two hours earlier than I thought. So I had a mad rush to get the brownies made and do everything I need to do before I head to work. Ugh. I hate when that happens. Makes me crazy. Maybe if I misbehave a little today they will give me a time out.

I hope everybody has a good start to the new week. Have a great day.

1 comment:

Terri D said...

I always enjoy your posts! Even when you are tired and not feeling well, you can give me a boost! That pan of brownies look delicious and very evil!! Your grandson is adorable!!