7/10/17

Good morning Monday

It's rare for me to have Monday and Tuesday as my days off. I love the idea of Monday not being, well, blah Monday. It's going to be fun. I'm taking the three younger grandchildren to the zoo today. My faves are the gorillas, elephants, giraffes and most important is the lions. My number one wish is for them to be close enough to get a good photo. Which usually never happens.


Speaking of photos, I actually had a photo taken of me yesterday to mark the fact that I actually wore a dress to church for the first time in I don't know when. I have a hard time finding dresses to fit so I just wear slacks and nice tops. Well, I broke out the little black dress simply because I was to lazy to put on two pieces of clothing if one would do the trick. Decided to document the occasion because it doesn't happen very often.


Thursday night I watched the fall premier of the new Thirty-One Fall/Winter 2017 line of products. My heart skipped a beat when I found out they are bringing back my favorite purse ever....The Retro Metro Bag. Back when I first started selling, I bought one every time a new catalog came out so I own 5. Over the years, I have sold patterns and products I have grown tired of, but I have never ever parted with a Retro Metro. When they discontinued them, I was sad since I love this bag. Well the new one is out and I can't wait. They have four patterns, but this is the one I want.


I never thought any more about it until Sunday morning sitting in church. I guess I'm not the only one who loves the bag. Diana, Shelby and myself were sitting together and when we stood up to sing, I happened to glance down at our purses....we were ALL carrying a Retro Metro Bag.  


I saw something recently online that you could order and saved a photo but forgot to save where I saw it. I'll have to go back and search. But this would come in handy when I travel to the beach so Sherrie and I can both charge our phones if needed.


Last summer, I needed a new non-stick pan and couldn't decide what to get. Someone suggested Gotham Steel and I had no idea what she was talking about. Apparently it is amazing titanium/ceramic. But you had to order it and shipping was outrageous so I just bought a cheap generic non-stick from Walmart. As I was looking for a toaster oven at Walmart the other day, I saw this on the end of the aisle....GOTHAM STEEL. Guess who is adding one of these skillets to her Christmas list.


Y'all would be so proud of me. I went to Shoney's to eat lunch the other day. I love having their sundae for my dessert. But instead, I thought the jello and fruit looked a lot better that day. So I passed up ice cream for fruit. WHAT????!!!! First a dress to church now fruit instead of ice cream? What's going on with the universe because things are kinda strange around here.


A few weeks ago, my memory in Facebook popped up from several years back and I had posted that I had gotten .15 cents off per gallon of gas with my Food City card. I had a picture of the pump and said "Woo Hoo! I just got gas for $3.78 a gallon." My how times have changed. That was after Katrina and the oil shortage stories were running rampant. Well, I used my card the other day and got it for $1.84. Wow. Big difference.


Well, time to get ready for the grandchildren to arrive. Have a great day!














2 comments:

Sandi said...

Happy Monday!

I remember when gas wasn't even a dollar a gallon. Now I just have to laugh, even when the price is "low."

Terri D said...

Wow to that gas price!! We are happy having $1.99. You look fabulous in your little black dress!