2/7/18

For such a time as this....

  For if you remain completely silent at this time, relief and deliverance will arise for the Jews from another place, but you and your father's house will perish. Yet who knows whether you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this?” - Esther 4:14 (NKJV)


I did a Beth Moore bible study several years ago on the book of Esther. One thing that stuck with me and still stays with me today, was the last part of chapter 4 verse 14. The words FOR SUCH A TIME AS THIS are very powerful.

When you are filled with doubt and you want to question God, do you sometimes think why me? Why now? WHY WHY WHY?


Since I have learned the power of those simple words "for such a time as this", I have come to realize that He truly does have a plan for my life. He does know best despite what we may think at times. There are times of change that I end up thinking, "Well that worked out okay after all." But I still will never know WHY it had to happen in the first place. 

We may never know the reasons and we may never see results of changes He provides. But we can rest assured that He leads us where He leads for a reason and we need to understand that we don't always need to know why. Unquestionable faith should simply allow us to follow where He wants us to go and trust in Him to direct our paths. 


Is it always easy? No, it never seems to be. But if it is God leading you there, no matter how hard you fight Him or struggle with what He wants, it is right. 

You have to wonder how many more blessings we may receive and how much more contentment would we have if we simply accepted what He expects of us and realize that we are where we are, doing what we do "for such a time as this." Trust and Faith. They go hand in hand. If we could learn to simply follow those two words as our rule of life, we could make things easier on ourselves.


3 comments:

Sandi said...

Hit the nail on the head this morning, Mamaw. Thanks,

Terri D said...

You posted a great lesson for all of us! Well done.

angiebthatsme said...

Sometimes it's just so hard to know if He is leading me or testing me. Is He leading me to change with this unhappiness and discouragement or testing my faith? I just don't know.