7/13/18

Friday Foto Friends

I love vintage glasses. I am slowly getting a small collection. 


I was walking on my road the other day and they had just mowed. I love the look of a fresh mowed yard. However, I realized that my little home needs some flowers on the end of it. I say I am going to every year and every year time gets away from me. At this point, I think I will wait till September and put me some mums on the end facing the road where it looks so bare. I also need some hanging plants for the porch and never have gotten around to that either. For somebody that loves flowers and has them in vases and patterns of things all over her house, I am pathetic about taking care of the outside.


But I still get to see the wildflowers in the field across the way. Even if it is mostly Queen Anne's lace.


I had a pretty picture of a cow pasture, some corn rows that are perfect and a beautiful pink bush. But when I transferred them from my phone to my laptop they completely disappeared. Not sure what happened.

Have a great weekend!

10 comments:

Nonnie said...

I love flowers, too, but this year mine are failing. So I have hopes for next year. Our lawn is looking very good though in the front yard and like you, I enjoy seeing it after it is mowed. Happy weekend.

Cathy said...

Mums will be beautiful planted there. Love the field of wild flowers.

Aritha V. said...

I love your longdrink glasses to. Real vintage :-) Also the other photo's. I enjoy them. It's is sunny overthere, I think?

Jan said...

Those glasses bring back good memories. We always drank out of the decorated jelly jars when I was growing up. I remember some had rocket ships, others had flowers or a starbursts. Don't see those anymore. Our cabinet is full of large yellow plastic to-go tumblers that we get at a local BBQ place!

collettakay said...

I think some mums would be beautiful but I'm not ready for Fall yet! lol

Colletta

Terri D said...

Your yard is so pretty and green!! I really like your vintage glasses and thought about all the ones that have gone through our cupboards over the years. We sold a bunch in a garage sale, years ago, for 25¢ each.

Annie said...

Flowers around a house do make things look nice and I love flowers on a porch.
I think Queen Anne's lace is so beautiful.
Lovely photos!

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Lovely vintage glasses - nice collection.

Toni said...

Mums around your home would be wonderful especial in different color hues. They have always been a favorite of mine. Where I live in a building complex I'm not able to plant and miss doing so. Have a blessed day ahead.

Breathing In Grace said...

Oh, I wish now I'd kept the vintage glasses I used to have. Live and learn. Your home is so nice... You need a mixture of things that'll bloom all summer and fall. Buy perennials, though, so they'll come back next year! 💜