7/5/18

Need to get on the ball...

I was taking stock of my Pyrex last night to figure out what I need to complete some current sets. My three favorite sets are Town & Country, Autumn Harvest and Colonial Mist. Town & Country was made between 1963-1967. I have the mixing bowl set which is about the only set of mixing bowls that does not have the large 404 size bowl, it was just a 3 bowl set.


I do have the largest on the Cinderella set. But I need the three smaller sizes. 


The interesting thing about this set is that it was offered in two options. The one with medallions on each bowl like listed above and then one with the solid color smaller bowls, each coordinating with a color on the largest bowl. I don't know which one I would rather have the all matching or the solids, I am leaning toward the solids. Then again, I could just collect the three smaller bowls in both patterns so I would have the entire collection.  


My other favorite set that I want to complete is the Autumn Harvest set with the wheat pattern made in 1979 - 1986. I have three of these and they are very special to me. Allen bought them for me on our last vacation together before he passed away. We found the whole set in an antique store in Panama City for just $29 for the set. Usually sets like this go for $40-$60. I still need the largest 404 bowl featured in this picture. 


Colonial Mist was the last opal PYREX pattern ever designed before production ceased of Pyrex bowls as we knew them. These were made in 1983 - 1986.They are also the dearest to my heart because it was the very first pattern of Pyrex I ever owned. We had been married two years when they came out and Allen surprised me with a set of the Cinderella bowls. Over the years we had parted with them and then when I started collecting Pyrex he, with the help of family, and me making some trades got me another set of them. I will never part with these again. Then I started collecting the mixing bowls in the same pattern. This is what I have so far in that pattern. 


I still need the biggest bowl in the mixing bowls as listed below.


They also made the set with the alternating, white on blue and blue on white bowls. So it would be cool to find the two with the white back ground to intermix with my blue ones.


I am on a mission to find all the pieces in that pattern. This was the magazine ad they released to introduce this pattern. These were all the original items made in that pattern in 1983, but they made some other items in it over the following three years. Their Corning line launched these but they are still part of the Pyrex line.


I have never seen them, but I see online where Corning came out with the matching cups.


As well as the plates. Oh how I long to find some of these.


The only other two sets I need to complete are the original primary color bowls. I only have the yellow and it belonged to Allen's family so it goes way back. You see this set a lot but people want to sell the whole set and they generally run $70 - $125 and I'm not willing to pay that. I will keep looking and eventually I will find the smaller three. This is the set that most people respond with "My grandmother (or my mother) had that set." And yes my Mom did have a set.


And the last set I need to finish is the Friendship. I have the two smallest bowls but need to find the two biggest. 


So there you have it. Lots for my eyes to seek in the months ahead. Wish me luck.








1 comment:

Terri D said...

I find myself looking for Pyrex when I happen into an antique store or a flea market! I never paid any attention to glassware before. Good luck and keep us posted on the pieces you need!