8/2/10

When a little girl grows up.....

The princess had her 2nd birthday party. She's not a baby any more. She was prancing around like she was one of the big kids. She even got a cup and got her some ice all by herself to make her a drink. Her are some photos with remarks I'm sure were going through her mind.....
My umbrella!!!! (She has had a conversation with Mamaw Clara everyday last week that she needed an "umbrelro". Yesterday, at church, Mamaw said "I'll see you at your party" and Shelby pointed her little finger and said "Don't forget my umbrelro". )
"Hm, clothes. Whatever. Keep going."
"Oh wow, money! Now you're talkin"
"Check out my new wheels. It's not a Mustang, but it'll do for now" "Cool. Didn't know it came with my own chauffeur. I'm cruising now. Look out bubby."
"I'm a big girl now. FREEDOM."
"Hey, where did the party people go."
"Whew, too much excitement. Take me home, Daddy."

4 comments:

Breathing In Grace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mamaw's Place said...

You should have seen her. It's like she was a miniature adult. She just went her own way and did her own thing. It was so funny to see. AND we kept the ponytail up through the whole party. So proud.

MissyMcM said...

Hard to believe that Shelby is 2! She is too funny. A couple of weeks ago in CC...she let all of us know that she was the "head" princess! She is just too funny.

Mamaw's Place said...

She is convinced she was put on earth to be pampered and spoiled. When she got her new bike, she had Makenzie pulling it around everywhere while Shelby drank water and propped her feet on the frame. I guess Cindarella finally got her coach and horseman.