8/3/18

Friday Foto Friends

And old photo of my Papaw Eden and Mommy. The ladies in the chairs are my Aunt Frances and Aunt Dee Dee. A typical summer day. My Papaw died when I was 4 or 5 so this is about 55 or 56 years ago. Mom and her ice tea in her apron. They probably just finished doing dishes from a big family dinner.


An old steam engine from the C & O railroad coming down the tracks on Route 60 in my home town.


The Old Covered Bridge in Milton, WV. We loved going through it on the way to my Uncle Charlie's.


The Old Toll House in Barboursville, WV. This is my home town where I grew up and my family still lives.


I have had the opportunity to go in and tour it many times. It is amazing.


Just some blasts from the past photos I wanted to share today.

9 comments:

Breathing In Grace said...

Oh, I love old fotos! The one of your family on the porch in B&W....precious memories from the past! Love covered bridges, too. One day, someday, I'd love to do a tour of them in the New England states! (bucket list) Thanks for sharing your sweet fotos...hope you have a great weekend!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

I love these old photos...and that photo of your family on the porch on a hot summer day is priceless!!! That one speaks volumes. Love the train...and all things railroad. Thank you for sharing these with us today. I enjoyed your walk down memory lane.

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Fond memories of family and home town - I enjoyed visiting your post.

Visits With Mary said...

Love the picture of your family. It reminds me of my family. My Mother always wore an apron, she kept it hanging on a hook in the kitchen. She would put it on first thing in the morning and not take it off until after the supper dishes were done. She would take it off to run errands ~ sometimes!!

Cathy said...

Love the Toll House...so neat looking. It reminds me of an old Post Office in the town my hubby grew up in.

That's a neat picture of your family on the porch. Sometimes I wish we'd take more time to sit on the porch and be together too.

Jan said...

This is a great post-love the pictures!

Terri D said...

Those old photos are so great!! They do bring our memories forward, don't they?! Thanks for sharing!

Linda said...

Love the old photos and thank you for sharing. Is your Mom wearing flip flops? I just didn't realize they have been around for so many years and are still so popular.

Rachel said...

Loved the photos! I love that picture of mom, dee dee and frances. Dont you love the aprons and the flip flops? I think its funny I can remember that old house but I can't remember Papaw. I even remember playing with Jeannie and Nancy in the back yard. I remember DeeDee taking us for walks up the road in front of the house. That is so strange isn't it.