9/12/18

The past 5 days....

Part of this post was going to be my Saturday post. Then I decided to just hold off and do my weekend wrap up on Monday. But I had a four day Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. I thought it would be good just do do the wrap-up post on Tuesday. But going back to work yesterday messed up my plans so I am finally doing a weekend wrap up on a Wednesday. Almost time for another weekend now, but here it goes. It started out Friday with a trip to get my phone fixed. It had quit charging. Turns out the port went bad. I am loving my phone. It's an LG K8+ 2018. 


I ordered a new case from Amazon that night and got it on Monday. 


I stopped by McKay's and found some neat Christmas coffee table books for .75 cents each.  


I went to Dollar General to get some garland for my fireplace top.


While I was there I found this cute fall milk can.


I love the way it turned out. 


Saturday we went to Colby's football game. He looks so cute out there playing. 


He's the quarterback and we got to see him score a touchdown which broke the tie. Neither team scored after that so they won the game. I had a blast. 


As I was out shopping this weekend, I saw the most unique scarecrows at AC Moore.


I am loving the pilgrim ones, but not loving $19.99. I'll watch for a huge markdown or I'll just pass on them no matter how cute they are. 


Sunday morning they were celebrating Grandparent's day in Sunday School Pre-K class. Some of the grandparents couldn't make it so I got recruited to be an honorary one. They served us refreshments then we got little painted boxes and a cross to make out of Lego's that they helped us with. It was fun to be back in a class I helped out in for about 6 or 7 years.


We had children's church and I got a picture of some of the kids because we will be having a few graduate to big church the first Sunday in October. But I still get a few of them for another year. Alexis and Shelby spent the night with me on Saturday so they were at church with me. Shelby was out helping a little friend get her blood sugar down when I took the pic. Alexis is the second row on the left (dark hair, glasses). She was my helper for the day. She has a birthday this Friday so I have some more fun plans coming up.


I went back to work yesterday and had a hard time getting in the groove. But I managed. When I came home, my two favorite deer were back. It's almost an every day thing. I come home. They are there. I try to get a good picture. They just look at me and we manage a stair down. I take some pics. They go back to eating and I go in the house. They never run away from me.


Well, that's my wrap up. Hope you are having a good week. 

2 comments:

Terri D said...

It is hard to get back to work after a long weekend!! I love the decorations you bought and the ones you are keeping your eye on!

Rachel said...

Love the garland! Colby looks so cute on the field! I’ll be sending my pics of my decorations soon. ��