11/10/18

Some much needed craft time.

 Give a woman a candy dish and she'll put candy in it. Give a Crafter a candy dish and she will a bow on it and craft her own candy. Well, that's what I did yesterday. I wanted to "make" some candy for Christmas that I saw on Pinterest. I decided that I wanted to put it in my vintage Fenton glass hobnail basket. I'm not sure how old it is but the lady that gave it to me had been married over 40 years and had received it at her wedding shower. So I'm guessing it is about 40 - 45 years old. I had some red burlap so I tied a bow around it just for the Christmas holiday.


I gathered up my pipe cleaners, tulle and ribbon and sat down to watch Christmas with the Kranks because it was rainy, cold and dreary. A perfect day for a Christmas movie and a craft. 


I simply cut my pipe cleaners in half, twisted them together. then I wrapped tulle around them, twisted each end and tied with a ribbon. Sometimes I had to use a drop of hot glue to hold the tulle together on the back, sometimes the twisted did the job. But you can see how cute they turned out and each one is different patterns.


I was working on other things yesterday as well such as some painting for an upcoming craft and gathering some of my Christmas craft supplies together to take inventory to see what else I could make. I still need to make more of the candy. But between baking and laundry, I didn't have time to finish. I will make some more tonight when I get home. But for now, here is how it is looking.


At the end of the day, I had a sense of satisfaction and celebrated with one of the brownies, two of the cookies and a glass of ice cold milk.


1 comment:

Terri D said...

I love the way you end your day with sweets!! Those cookies/brownies look delicious and your craft project is so cute!