2/15/20

Craft time....

These past few weeks have been a whirlwind of activity. Appointments, meetings, church, family, friends, shopping, cleaning, organizing, etc. I took the winter layoff to relax and I really am not sure how I will find time to fit my job back into my busy schedule. But I did a couple of craft things. I had some pink and red fabric. Ignore the tart dish. That was going to become a pin cushion but realized I need to buy some fiber fill. But I did gather the other stuff for a reason.


I love Wonder Under and use it a lot for applique. Sometimes I stitch around it but this time it was just a quick project.  


I made the one on the left last year so I hung the new one beside it on the stove handle. Of course today, all my V-Day decor is coming down so I am a little late in posting this.


Remember a few weeks back I had been gathering some Steampunk stuff for my new room and I said this was the beginnings of a craft project. 


Well, I have this little box that I just didn't use much. It was more a beach theme with the star fish on the sides. So I took the gray paint and painted it all gray. Then I took the different colors and some cut up pieces of sponge and sponge painted the whole box.


I glued on my various Steampunk decor including my favorite piece....the tree of life made with gears. And here is the end result. I even put a little handle on it to open it with. I could not be happier.


With all my moving furniture out to other parts of the house, selling off a couple of small pieces I had no use for and taking down all the beach decor, I was left with an almost blank room. 


Everything was ready for my new furniture and new decor. 


Stay tuned Monday, you will see the updated room with what I have accomplished so far. I do need to find more wall decor, but it is coming together nicely. On another note, I am here to tell you that I have been watching my diet to try to drink more water, eat less salt and less greasy foods. I have no health issues and no blood pressure problems but it does spike once in awhile. I read up on ways to keep that from happening and one thing other than diet is to listen to "good mood" music. So I have a tons of playlists that I put on my blue tooth speaker and crank up the volume and it plays all day while I'm home and even when I am in my car. As a result, here I am 63 years old and check out what my blood pressure has been averaging everyday for the last 6 weeks. Sometime a few points more some times lower but this is about the average. And a good heart rate to go along with it. 


There is something to say about staying happy to keep healthy. So go out and find some joy and have a happy day. 







1 comment:

Terri D said...

Love your springy background! Your steampunk box is very cool! It was good to catch up with you today!