1/17/24

Welcome to my world

It is definitely winter weather this week. Snow started on Sunday night around 9:00. By Monday morning I had a couple of inches and by Tuesday morning, there was 6-7 inches of snow.


Then last night, we go more snow and during the night it got down to 3° with a wind chill of -5°. That's cold. I woke up to everything being solid ice on the road. It was slush before bedtime because cars had ran in and out yesterday. But this morning, it is ice. People have tried to get in and out and can't. At one time, there were four cars stuck in various places in the middle of the road on my little short piece of road.


I have two kittens that I got back in June. This is Goose. He's the oldest of the litter. They are 9 months old. I had them fixed and keep them in the house always. 


This is his sister Gracie. She was the only girl and was 4th in the litter of 5. She is what it called a diluted calico. The other brothers were the regular black and white, with a tad of orange calicos. But she is all pale orange and grays with just a little tiny white. Only 1 in every 1000 calico cat is this diluted breed. 


They are both so precious and love to snuggle. They love people and nothing scares them. I did have to modify some things around the house...like moving teapots into rooms in places they won't bother them. 


I have about 30 collectibles in my tea collection. I have a couple of tea sets, some tea pots, some tea for one's, some miniature tea sets and a lot of tea cups and saucers. I am running out of room but love collecting tea stuff. Funny story....I don't drink tea. I despise it, but I sure love stuff you drink or serve it in. I had a couple of tea spoons I have collected. At Christmas, my granddaughter, Alexis, brought me the tea spoon they had gotten on a cruise for me at Nassau. I am so in love with it. It has gold flip-flops. I love flip flops and where them all summer. I have almost as many flip-flops as I do tea items.



I picked this tea cup to put the spoon it. It is trimmed in gold. The tea cup is the Foley China Montrose pattern made in England. This pattern was made in 1938. It's my favorite tea cup. I paid $10 for it at a local antique store over 20 years ago. The gold trim goes great with this cup.


Now I have 3 unique tea spoons. So I have decided I am going to collect some more since I am running out of room for tea pots.


I am now going to scour local antiques stores and thrift shops to look for a spoon display. I would like to have something like this. 


Well, that's all for today. Have a happy Wednesday!




 

No comments: