8/13/10

Hamburgers smothered in pickles and cheese, Barbecue Snyders and a large Pepsi please. Three glazed donuts, no make that four, In a cardboard box down on the floor. As we prepared to watch our shows on TV, It was me, Jack and Rachel - just us three. Later that night for a little snack, We'd get our penny candy from out of our sack. Life at our house on a Thursday night Was very predictable, but it felt just right. Things couldn't be better, we'd always say, But it did one Saturday in the month of May. You see we three, became us four, As we added another box to the floor. Memories of yesterday still haunt my mind As I cherish the childhood I left behind.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm crying! I miss that so much. Just to go back for a little while. I had that for supper last night, and it was Thurs. I just didn't have the glazed donuts. Some things stay with us forever. That is so funny. One of my favorite memories. Boy did we love it when the three of us became four. We were on our way to church when that picture was taken. I love it! Love you too!!

Mamaw's Place said...

I still have cheeseburgers on Thursday a lot. I remember this picture so well. My dress was blue. Mom had made it and the seem of the bodice had rick rack in the shape of little daisies. Must be why daisies are still my favorite flower. Also, I had on my sandals that we ordered from Aldens. They had a particular brown sandal that I had to have every year. I loved those shoes!!