1/26/21

I may have a problem....

"Previously, research suggested that people collected things because they felt an emotional connection to the subject matter. However, according to a recent study by Itamar Simonson, a professor at Stanford Graduate School of Business, people are more likely to begin a collection once they possess two of one item." 

That would explain a lot. I started out with 2 teasets and now my house has teapots, tea sets, tea cups and tea for ones all over the place. So I guess 2 is considered a collection. But when is enough, enough? My pen "collection" is getting out of hand. I already disposed of all the broken ones, out of ink ones and the "I never use them because they leak or smear" ones.  And I still have all these left. Plus I have a box of "extra" office supplies in the storage closet and there are even more in there. Not to count various  purses, kitchen drawers, and my car. 


Now on to earring problems. I love earrings and I usually never get rid of any. I have two jewelry boxes and a couple little trinket boxes and there are earrings everywhere. I have been wearing them since I was 18 (I'm 64 now) and I have got to tell you if I forget them, I feel naked all day. At my last job as a group greeter, it was considered an earring emergency because I knew I didn't look my best without a pair of hoops on. I have a lot of studs and a lot of posts and a lot of wire. But my go-to earring is and always will be hoops, especially if I am out and about. I'm okay not wearing any at all at home or with family. But I got a reputation as being the hoop girl. So long story short, I forgot to put earrings on when I was going out and about one day. I wa horrified that I was making business calls with no earrings. So my friend suggested I keep a pair in the car. So I found this with multiple pairs at Walmart for $4.88. Now don't freak out because they are cheap. That is about all I wear because I like to change out so much that it doesn't make since to buy expensive one. I do have some really good one Allen bought me, but otherwise I go cheap. Never have had a reaction in all these years so I don't worry about it. But anyway, suffice it to say I now have four new pairs of hoops on my dresser trinket tray and the rest went in the console of my car. No more earring emergencies!




No comments: